[gmx-users] pdb2gmx

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Mon Mar 11 11:53:51 CET 2002

w.j.schravendijk at students.pharm.uu.nl wrote:

> > If you have a system whit protein and 'other' molecules, you can always
> > process them in pdb2gmx separately, and put the .top and .gro files
> > together manually (takes some puzzling, though).
>
> I ment that I would like to see pdb2gmx do the puzzling for me :)
> Sinve it doesn't, the solution would be, as Berk said, to translate my
> .top into a ff***.rtp entry. That would still require some puzzling, but
> only once.

That doesn't make much sense to me. If you get something out of pdb2gmx,
you must already have an .rtp entry for the molecule.

As you might already have ready before on the list, a good starting
point
for creating a novel topology is the PRODRG server, but my experience is
that sometimes for small molecules it is easier done by hand (or maybe I
am a bit too suspicious of things I didn't write myself... ;-).

--
Groetjes,

Anton
 ________ ___________________________________________________________
|        | Anton Feenstra                                            |
| .      | Dept. of Pharmacochemistry - Free University Amsterdam    |
| |----  | De Boelelaan 1083 - 1081 HV Amsterdam - The Netherlands   |
| |----  | Tel: +31 20 44 47608 - Fax: +31 20 44 47610               |
| ' __   | Feenstra at chem.vu.nl - http://www.chem.vu.nl/afdelingen/FAR|
| (    ) | Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry - University of Groningen  |
|  \__/  | Nijenborgh 4 - 9747 AG Groningen - The Netherlands        |
|   __   | Tel +31 50 363 4327 - Fax +31 50 363 4800                 |
|  /  \  | K.A.Feenstra at chem.rug.nl - http://md.chem.rug.nl/~anton   |
|  \__/  | "I Don't Want to Calm Down" (Throwing Muses)              |