[gmx-users] rdf between com of molecules

hagop demirdjian hagop.demirdjian at ens.fr
Mon Mar 18 15:01:37 CET 2002

Hello, I am a second year phD student and have been using GROMACS for a
month now to simulate sodium ion in spc water.

Everything works fine and I would like to thank you for your work (the
constraint force routine was especially useful to me since I compute
transmission coefficient for rate constants).

I have one question though :

Is it possible to compute the Radial Distribution Function of the center
of mass of the water molecules for the ion ?

the com option of g_rdf considers the com of ALL the water molecules.
The best I could do was build an index group with the Oxygens and get a
rdf of those.

Should I define a new topology with a dummy atom at the com of water ? I
would then have to rerun all my calculations and I'll be able to define
a new group consisting in the coms...
Is there a better way ?

Thank you,
Hagop