[gmx-users] installation trouble with mpi support

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 30 08:44:56 CET 2002

Hi,

>>The version of the c compiler is 2.96. I would obviously not want to
>>disable assemble loops for performance reasons. I did not get this error
>>earlier when I had compiled Gromacs without mpi support. I am confused.Are there other compile options that I can try to get around this?

This is a bug in mpich, not Gromacs. For some reason their mpicc wrapper
script changes the compiler so it is no longer able to compile the
assembly files. There's not much we can do about that, but you could
submit a bug report to mpich. In the meantime you could check the HOW-TO
at www.gromacs.org and compile without using the mpicc wrapper script by
explicitly including search paths and libraries.

Cheers,

Erik