[gmx-users] pressure coupling for lipid bilayer

Shang-Te Danny Hsu hsu at nmr.chem.uu.nl
Thu May 2 19:36:33 CEST 2002

After many helpful suggestions, I can obtain a quite stable system. The
simulation is still underway (it is stablized after 500ps) but I do
notice some differences between anisotropic coupling and semi-isotropic
coupling.

For 72 POPC with 2799 water molecules at 300K after 200ps simulation, I
got surface areas of:

anisotropic 	semi-isotropic
61.84 A**2	58.83 A**2

For anisotropic, the thickness of membrane decreases much more than that
for semi-isotropic; probably due to the coupled-lateral coupling in x/z
dimensions, the width of BOX-X decrease less in the semi-isotropic case
compared to the anisotropic case. However, the total box volumes in both
cases are very similar through out 200 ps simulation.

--
Shang-Te Danny HSU
Department of NMR Spectroscopy
e-mail: hsu at nmr.chem.uu.nl