[gmx-users] Re: Charge groups II

Pedro Alexandre de Araujo Gomes Lapido Loureiro paloureiro at biof.ufrj.br
Fri May 17 14:52:05 CEST 2002

> Still you give no details...

> Do you treat the whole head group as one charge group?

No. I am using both the charges/charge groups from Chiu (Biophys. J. 69, 1230,
1995).

> Try treating the Choline part as one and the Phosphate part as another.
> And take care  with your Lennard Jones cut-off. Short LJ cut-off with
> large charge groups gives problems too.

Yes, but I am using a 1.8 nm cut-off for this reason.
My parameters in the mdp file are:

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS A ND VDW =
; Method for doing electrostatics =
coulombtype              = PME
rcoulomb-switch          = 1.0
rcoulomb                 = 1.0
; Dielectric constant (DC) for cut-off or DC of reaction field =
epsilon-r                = 1
; Method for doing Van der Waals =
vdw-type                 = Shift
; cut-off lengths        =
rvdw-switch              = 1.6
rvdw                     = 1.8
; Apply long range dispersion corrections for Energy and Pressure =
DispCorr                 = EnerPres
; Spacing for the PME/PPPM FFT grid =
fourierspacing           = 0.1
; FFT grid size, when a value is 0 fourierspacing will be used =
fourier_nx               = 0
fourier_ny               = 0
fourier_nz               = 0
; EWALD/PME/PPPM parameters =