[gmx-users] Re: CHARGES AN LJ14 PARAMETERS

Marc A Ceruso mceruso at physbio.mssm.edu
Fri May 17 21:26:53 CEST 2002

Hi-

I need to build a palmitoylated cystein. The lipid group and the cysteine
are covalently linked via a thioester linkage. I am facing two different
problems:

    1- how to chose the charges on and near the thioester linkage:
R-CH2-CO-S-CH2-R'
    Has anyone described such a chemical group?

    2- If I use the lipid parameters (atom types and LJ) to describe the
palmitoyl moiety then I need to generate the LJ14 "pairs" parameters (since
they do not exist in the forcefieldand grompp assigns a value of zero for
the incriminated LJ14 interactions ). Does anyone know how the values of the
LJ14 parameters are generated?

Thanks for your help

marco
____