[gmx-users] EDITCONF question

Senthil Kandasamy senthilk at engin.umich.edu
Mon May 20 22:30:23 CEST 2002

I have a pdb file with a lipid monolayer and a water layer.
The water layer is too thick and I want to remove half the waters from
the system.
I used editconf to center the box . Now, I need to remove all the waters
with Z > a certain value. Can editconf do this?
I tried to incorporate the PDB into excel and resorted the columns and
deleted the appropriate entries. But when I finally save the pdb file as
text, the formatting is all screwed up and editconf does not recognize
the pdb file. It complains that there are zero atoms.

IS there any other way to do this?
how do people edit pdb files generally?

Thanks.

Senthil