[gmx-users] Interactive GLU selection and dihedrals

Ivano Eberini Ivano.Eberini at unimi.it
Tue May 21 09:50:57 CEST 2002

Dear GROMACS users,
I am trying to run two different protein MD simulations starting from
the same crystallographic data: I'd like to make a comparison between
the protein with all unprotonated glutamic acid residues (GLU) and the
same structure with just one more proton on a glutamic acid residue
(GLUH). I used pdb2gmx with the option -glu (interactive glutamic acid
selection) to protonate the target residue.
MD started with a warning about dihedrals; after the end of MD
calculation, g_dih applied on the trajectory file exited with the
following message:
"Dihedral around 1402, 1414 not found in topology"
Is there a tool to define the lacking dihedrals? Have I got to discard
this trajectory file and re-run MD simulation after they are fixed?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Ivano
--
Ivano Eberini
Gruppo di Studio per la Proteomica e la Struttura delle Proteine

SPIRITVS DVRISSIMA COQVIT