[gmx-users] fitting

rams at poori.biochem.uiowa.edu rams at poori.biochem.uiowa.edu
Thu May 23 21:54:21 CEST 2002

Ok! here I go first I try on the Linux box

---------

 g_rms -s uq4_1.pdb -f 1ns_nr.trr
                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

               Giving Russians Opium May Alter Current Situation

                             :-)  VERSION 3.1  (-:

       Copyright (c) 1991-2002, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
         as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
             of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                                :-)  g_rms  (-:

Option     Filename  Type          Description
  -s      uq4_1.pdb  Input         Structure+mass(db): tpr tpb tpa gro g96
pdb
  -f     1ns_nr.trr  Input         Generic trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96
pdb
 -f2       traj.xtc  Input, Opt.   Generic trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96
pdb
  -n      index.ndx  Input, Opt.   Index file
  -o       rmsd.xvg  Output        xvgr/xmgr file
-mir    rmsdmir.xvg  Output, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
  -a      avgrp.xvg  Output, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
-dist rmsd-dist.xvg  Output, Opt.  xvgr/xmgr file
  -m       rmsd.xpm  Output, Opt.  X PixMap compatible matrix file
-bin       rmsd.dat  Output, Opt.  Generic data file
 -bm       bond.xpm  Output, Opt.  X PixMap compatible matrix file

      Option   Type  Value  Description
      -[no]h   bool     no  Print help info and quit
      -[no]X   bool     no  Use dialog box GUI to edit command line
options
       -nice    int     19  Set the nicelevel
          -b   time     -1  First frame (ps) to read from trajectory
          -e   time     -1  Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory
         -dt   time     -1  Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time (ps)
         -tu   enum     ps  Time unit: ps, fs, ns, us, ms, s, m or h
      -[no]w   bool     no  View output xvg, xpm, eps and pdb files
       -what   enum   rmsd  Structural difference measure: rmsd, rho or
rhosc
    -[no]pbc   bool    yes  PBC check
    -[no]fit   bool    yes  Fit to reference structure
       -prev    int      0  Compare with previous frame
  -[no]split   bool     no  Split graph where time is zero
       -skip    int      1  Only write every nr-th frame to matrix
      -skip2    int      1  Only write every nr-th frame to matrix
        -max   real     -1  Maximum level in comparison matrix
        -min   real     -1  Minimum level in comparison matrix
       -bmax   real     -1  Maximum level in bond angle matrix
       -bmin   real     -1  Minimum level in bond angle matrix
    -nlevels    int     80  Number of levels in the matrices

WARNING: masses will be determined based on residue and atom names,
         this can deviate from the real mass of the atom type
Opening library file /usr/local/share/gromacs/top/atommass.dat
Opening library file /usr/local/share/gromacs/top/aminoacids.dat
Select group for least squares fit
Group     0 (      System) has   723 elements
Group     1 (     Protein) has   723 elements
Group     2 (   Protein-H) has   575 elements
Group     3 (     C-alpha) has    72 elements
Group     4 (    Backbone) has   216 elements
Group     5 (   MainChain) has   289 elements
Group     6 (MainChain+Cb) has   357 elements
Group     7 ( MainChain+H) has   360 elements
Group     8 (   SideChain) has   363 elements
Group     9 ( SideChain-H) has   286 elements
Select a group: 3
How many groups do you want to compare ? 1
OK. I will compare 1 groups
Select group for RMSD
Group     0 (      System) has   723 elements
Group     1 (     Protein) has   723 elements
Group     2 (   Protein-H) has   575 elements
Group     3 (     C-alpha) has    72 elements
Group     4 (    Backbone) has   216 elements
Group     5 (   MainChain) has   289 elements
Group     6 (MainChain+Cb) has   357 elements
Group     7 ( MainChain+H) has   360 elements
Group     8 (   SideChain) has   363 elements
Group     9 ( SideChain-H) has   286 elements
Select a group: 3

Warning: can not make broken molecules whole without a run input file,
         don't worry, mdrun doesn't write broken molecules

trn version: GMX_trn_file
Reading frame       0 time    0.000   Fatal error: Numerical Recipes: Too
many iterations in routine JACOBI

---------------------------

Then I try the trjconv and I end up the

trjconv -s uq4_1.pdb -f 1ns_nr.trr -fit -o newtraj

rn version: GMX_trn_file
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Setting output precision to 0.001 (nm)

Back Off! I just backed up newtraj.xtc to #newtraj.xtc#
Fatal error: Numerical Recipes: Too many iterations in routine JACOBI

----

similar problems when I run on Compaq True64....

Beleive me i did think it was this simple and I tried both already...

Thanks.

Rams.

> If you want to get a new trajectory you do
> trjconv -s file.pdb -f traj.trr -fit -o newtraj
>
> or if you just want to compute the rmsd you do
> g_rms -s file.pdb -f traj.trr

> >Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
> >www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
> >

> Groeten, David.

S. Ramaswamy
Department of Biochemistry.