[gmx-users] long simulation

Dmitry Kovalsky dikov at imbg.org.ua
Sun May 26 12:18:23 CEST 2002

Hi there,

sorry if a question became trivial but my experience is not too big to
reply on the question by myself. I've been reading mailing list archive
concerning PME and RF and steel cann't make decision about mdp parameters to
chhose for my system.
I want to simulate my flexible protein that has a charge +4 in water in long
timescale (near 50 ns). And I want to choose most reasonable parameters for
my simulation.

For the correct simulation I have to insert one Na+ ion that binds into the
structure. So for neutral system it should be 1Na+ and 5 Cl- ions in the
system.
In order to mimic native-like enviromnent I would like to insert 15 NaCl ion
pairs more, into my system (if it is correct, please advice me). Finally I
will compute it on 4CPU cluster (2x2CPU-node).
The question is that what the PME or the Reaction Field will be reasonable in
these conditions?

In case of PME my mdp options are:
cpp                 =  /lib/cpp
constraints         = all-bonds
constraint_algorithm =  shake
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.001
nsteps              =  50000000
nstcomm             =  1
nstxout             =  1000
nstvout             =  1000
nstfout             =  1000
coulombtype         =  PME
rcoulomb            =  0.9
rcoulomb_switch     =  0
pme_order                = 4
optimize_fft             = yes
fourierspacing      =  0.12
ns_type             =  grid
vdwtype            = Cut-off
rlist                    = 0.9
rvdw                  = 1.5
nstlist                 = 10
ns_type              = grid

Any suggestions are appreceable.

Thanks in advance

--
Ph.D. Student Dmitry Kovalsky
Institute of Molecular Biology & Genetics

E-mail: dikov at imbg.org.ua
Fax:  +380 (44) 266-0759
Tel.: +380 (44) 266-5589