[gmx-users] down load links

Y. U. Sasidhar sasidhar at chem.iitb.ac.in
Sat Nov 2 15:47:46 CET 2002

> Try a simple direct ftp session, like
>
> ftp ftp.gromacs.org
>
> say ftp when it asks for username
>
> go to /pub/gromacs/
>
> say dir to look at files
>
> get <FILENAME> to get one.
>
> quit or bye to hangup.

1. I tried directly and it connects instantly. Commands like pwd, cd
work immediately. But commands like dir, ls , get filename hang ( pl see
below )
=============================
sasidhar at ether:~$ ftp ftp.gromacs.org
Connected to gromacs.org.
220 Features: a p .
Name (ftp.gromacs.org:sasidhar):
230 Hi. No need to log in; I'm an anonymous ftp server.
ftp> cd /pub/gromacs
250 "/pub/gromacs"
ftp> dir
200 Okay.
150 Making transfer connection...
( here it hangs )
2. I am on institutional lan and we connect to internet through proxy (
for both ftp and http).
3. When I connect to internet directly ( by dialup to an ISP ) no
problem what so ever. I can download via browser/ WsFtp/
DownloadAccelerator Plus. I notice that DownloadAcceleratorPlus is not
able to use multiple connections for fast downloads. Earlier even
through lan I was able to use DAP.
Perhaps there is a proxy related problem  ?
Sasidhar