[gmx-users] MPI or parallel EM

Wei Fu wfu at mail.shcnc.ac.cn
Sat Nov 9 10:45:46 CET 2002

Hi, all,

1. I run "mpirun -np 4 mdrun_mpi ...", when emtol=930 in em.mdp, the energy minimazation successfully passes,

2. but when emtol=900 at the same condition, the following information appears:
   _______________________________________
   Steepest Descents:
   Tolerance         =  9.10000e+02
   Number of steps   =         1000
   Step=    0, Dmax= 1.0e-02 nm, Epot= -1.55507e+05 Fmax= 9.11027e+02, atom= 2023
   MPI: MPI_COMM_WORLD rank 0 has terminated without calling MPI_Finalize()
   MPI: Received signal 11

3. when emtol=900 run "mpirun -np 1 mdrun_mpi ..." more than 200 step was done, finally appear following message:
   _____________________________________
   Steepest Descents did not converge in 136 steps
   Potential Energy  = -1.57415e+05
   Maximum force:  3.59400e+03
   _____________________________________

   I am confused, what is the relationship between emtol and parallel EM?  Any opinion is welcome.

Cheers,

Fu

      Ms. Wei Fu, Ph.D.
      State Key Laboratory of Drug Research