[gmx-users] still seg faults with the beta on Mac OSX G4

nicolis@guideo.fr nicolis at guideo.fr
Wed Nov 20 11:26:41 CET 2002

Hello again,
I did some testing with the beta version from the ftp server and still have seg
faults.

I tried an mdrun job which reproducibly stops with Segmentation fault after
461170 steps, without any other message on screen or in the log.
I tried to continue from the last frame written (400000) and I was surprised to
see that I go further than the initial crash, but not till the end. The continuation
job crashes after 220692 steps still with a segmentation fault but this time I have
also a "Warning: pressure scaling more than 1%, mu: 1.06463 1.06463
1.06463" in the log, strange after a total of 620692 steps with quite stable
density, pressure, energies etc...

Any suggestions? I can try to run the job on an old SiliconGraphics to see if it's a
hardware/system problem but it's so old that I will not have the result before next
year :-)

Thanks,

Ioannis