[gmx-users] g_cluster

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Mon Nov 25 13:18:02 CET 2002

Hi Dallas,

from your email I guess that you misinterpreted the role of g_cluster.
It has nothing to do with aggregation, but with "measuring the similarity"
of structures in a simulation. Similar structures are said to belong to
the same "cluster".

The criterium is typically RMSD deviation of the structures.

g_cluster -h

gives you a good description and one of many references, where you can read
more about this type of analysis: Daura et al. (Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 1999,
38, pp 236-240)

Cheers,
Marc

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden - Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
 mailto:baaden at smplinux.de  - ICQ# 11466242 -  http://www.marc-baaden.de