[gmx-users] ibm regatta p690 (power4) / illegal instruction

Erik Wensink wensink at telia.com
Thu Nov 28 12:45:03 CET 2002

Hi Erik,

Thanks. We found that the mpi tests for fftw gave no error(message)s,
but fftw indeed takes default the wrong flags (pwr2, pwrx). Giving the
correct pwr flags makes things work

Thus,

setenv CFLAGS "-arch=pwr4 -qtune=pwr4"

before configuring fftw, as is included in the configuration scripts for
fftw and gmx which are attached.

Best Regards,
Erik