[gmx-users] Problem reading tpr-file

runeberg at csc.fi runeberg at csc.fi
Fri Nov 29 11:37:28 CET 2002

Hi all,

One of our users bumped into the following problem after trying to
restart a simulation based on files originally produced on another platform.
The run crashes with the following error message.

>Reading file run_md3.tpr, VERSION 3.1 (single precision)
>Fatal error: reading tpx file (run_md3.tpr) version 24 with version 20
>program

The same error appears with 'gmxdump -s run_md3.tpr'.
The restart was attempted with version 3.0.3 on files originally
produced with a newer version. Could the different versions be the
reason for the error, and how to remedy this problem?

Cheerio,
			-Nino
Nino Runeberg, Application Scientist, Science Support/Chemistry, CSC
P.O. Box 405 02101 Espoo, Finland, tel +358 9 4572733, fax +358 9 4572302
mobile +358 50 381 9721, e-mail: runeberg at csc.fi
CSC is the Finnish IT Center for Science, www.csc.fi/chem/