[gmx-users] -llanginfo error in OS X

Christopher Yip christopher.yip at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 1 18:39:43 CEST 2002

(sigh)...

I had hoped I had solved this problem but apparently not...

ld: can't locate file for: -llanginfo
make[2]: *** [grompp] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

 From the various archives and searching on the net, it would appear
that this is a file that OS X doesn't even have and somehow the
compiler (or something) is looking for it. Is there a simple solution
that doesn't require reformatting and reinstalling?

I had this working fine on a 10.1.5 install and then I upgraded to
10.2, reinstalled FINK and did a Fink Update-All, and now I have this
problem w/ Gromacs.  I was able to get this work on a 10.2 clean
install on both an X-serve and a 733, while a machine that had been
upgraded from 10.1.5 to 10.2 worked fine. It's just that on my laptop
that something is strange. Is there a simple way to get back to
square 1?

It sounds like this is a problem that people have run into with
programs other than Gromacs (i.e. from Bill Scott's crystallography
page).. I know I never installed anything from that suspect page but
still something's up...

I've installed the latest Developer tools and the August update and
even reinstalled G77 from fink...

Thanks in advance

Chris
--