[gmx-users] Segmentation fault

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 20 04:23:22 CEST 2002

Dmitry Kovalsky wrote:

>On Friday 18 October 2002 20:36, gmx-users-request at gromacs.org wrote:
>

>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I'm trying to perform an ordinary simulation  position restraints   and
>>>get Segmentation fault with no any warning
>>>energies in in logfile seems Ok
>>>what it could be?
>>>

>>anything. Is it reproducible? What machine?
>>

>Ya, it happens every time I'm trying to continue it again
>
>I'm using Linux on Athlon

Is it a newer type Athlon using SSE? (it says in the mdrun logfile)

If you have a small tpr file where the error happens soon (say max an
hour into the simulation), I'd be
REALLY interested in a copy.

I have been trying to track down a possible problem on Athlons for a
while, but I've only seen it a week
into a long run, so it's been really hard to repeat.

I have no idea what it is since it doesn't show on Intel (which also
uses SSE), but there might be minor
architectural differences of course.

You might also want to try setting the environment variable
"NOASSEMBLYLOOPS" (slow), but since
we sum things in a slightly different order in that case it might not
necessarily be a bug in the assembly
routines if it doesn't crash...

Cheers,

Erik