[gmx-users] dummy atoms

Frank Wennmohs frankw at bph.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Oct 23 11:40:44 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:16:00PM +0200, David van der Spoel wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 11:19, Frank Wennmohs wrote:

> > > DId you also renumber all the angles and bonds etc.?
> > > >

> > Yes, I did a complete renumbering.
> > I also checked the entries in angles, bonds etc. as to
> > which atoms they are referring to.
> >
> > Everything seems correct in the top.
> > But he is complaining only from the point of change
> > onwards.
> Nevertheless this kind of error message is usually accurate. Normally
> the angles etc. are defined based on the atomtype. If you changed that
> (to e.g. dummy) it won't find them anymore.

Yes, I agree with you.
But the dummies are added to simple residues and
there is no bonded interaction with them.
And the atom types are also correct.

It really should work...

And if I set them to the bottom of the protein, it works.
(...but then they are not in the charge-group I want them to be)

Frank