[gmx-users] problems with installation!

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 4 22:45:47 CEST 2002

Mehmet Suezen wrote:
> Ruben Martinez Buey wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>I am trying to install gromacs on a SG Octane (IRIX 6.5), but when I run
>>the script configure, an error occurs:
>>
>>./configure
>>checking for f77... no
>>checking for xlf... no
>>checking for xlf77... no
>>checking for cf77... no
>>checking for fl32... no
>

> I guess you don't have any fortran compiler there. Try to disable
> fortran. Because
> --enable-fortran is default on sgi.

I would _definitely_ recommend using the sgi compiler instead - gcc will
be much, much slower.

Are you sure you don't have the sgi compilers? You might have to install
them from a CD or something.

If you want to compile using gcc on an sgi, you might have to specify
the compiler flags explicitly, and you should probably disable fortran
loops even if you have g77 installed (g77 can be slower than C code).

Cheers,

Erik