[gmx-users] loss of precision in *.gro

Mehmet Suezen suzen at theochem.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Sep 11 09:01:01 CEST 2002

Hello,

As far as you compiled gromacs in double precision, your trajectory
records are double.(for example in trr). Basicly your analysis tools
(trajectory averages) worked without loss of precision. Anyway for
conventional classical molecular dynamics f8.3 starting structure is not
that bad.(if one assume equilibrium structure will reached shortly)
Do you think classical MD can predict better then 0.01 A?
But if one goes to quantum mechanical regime, it may affect.
Or single structure analysis would absolutely affected as well.
As you said, cutting out from trr would be a solution in your case.
I'd guess Idea of optimized geometry is to obtaine plausable starting
structure for QM input,As you said, cutting out from trr would be a
solution
in this case.

Cheers,Mehmet