[gmx-users] compiling Gromacs on Sun cluster

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 27 18:51:50 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Gromacs
> During 'make install', you may get a complaint with regards
> to '!'. It's because /bin/sh is /bin/bash on Linux but not on Solaris.
> We have to edit the Makefile under /share/template manually.

Yeah, I'm giving up on this one :-)

I think I've tried 5-10 different ways of checking in a statement that
a file is NOT present, but it always seems to break in at least one shell...

I'll probably just remove it; all it does in the template directory is
to link Makefile.<arch> to Makefile for the first architecture you
install, but avoid overwriting it later. I'll just skip the linking part
and let the user do that :-)

Cheers,

Erik