[gmx-users] com motion

Mustafa Toprakçý denn22 at excite.com
Wed Apr 9 13:29:01 CEST 2003

Hi Christoph,
Sorry for the delay. I was in lecture. Well I am using vacuum simulation
and fixing protein to its coordinates and only making ligand free..
Maybe I am misinterpreting the run parameters. I have used

nstcomm = 0
comm_mode = none
comm_grps = ---
freezegrps = protein
freezedim = Y Y Y

I have checked the mdout.mdp produced by grompp and it does not show
any definiton of comm group for system.
Comm_mode = none should remove all the restriction on this motion.
I have fixed the protein. So there stays only the ligand comm to move.
I have also tested with comm_grps = protein but this did not differ too. I did not checked with MSD yet.

Thanks,
Mustafa