[gmx-users] questions about SMD simulation of P450 for Anton

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Thu Apr 17 09:36:03 CEST 2003

nk yx wrote:
> Hi,Anton
>   When I do Steered MD simulation of P450 complex using Gromacs, I found
> the spring force constant has a great influnce on the pull direction.
> When i set the force constant=1000,the substrate exits along the I
> helix( predefined pull direction); When i use forceconstant=1500 or 500,
> the substrate exit from the B-C loop,  greatly deviating from the
> predefined direction. I don't know why.
>  I don't know whether I correctly set up the pull direction. I define
> the pull direction on the z-axis by the center of mass of two
> groups,which one group is the substrate and the other is four backbone C
> atomes at the mouth of exit channel.
>  Could you give me some advice?

Sorry, I have never used the pull options. The results sound very
suspicious, though. You might try pulling in vacuum, with otherwise
identical set-up, to check if you do what you think you do.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |