[gmx-users] trjconv, g_mindist and others in parallel

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 24 22:18:02 CEST 2003

Hi Mike,

A couple of the computationally heavy tools are parallel (concoord,
etc), but most of them are not.

The problem is that analysis is usually limited by disk I/O throughput,
so adding more CPUs won't help.

One way to solve it is to split your trajectory in multiple shorter
ones, and then run the analysis in parallel on nodes with different
disk systems.

Cheers,

Erik