[gmx-users] g_sas and shuffled trajectory

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at vcp.monash.edu.au
Tue Apr 29 04:28:00 CEST 2003

I have a trajectory in which the shuffle/sort option has been used (and I
don't use this anymore since it did improve scaling very much and the
problems in subsequent analysis of the files).  Now I am trying to analyze
it using g_sas.

Using the trajectory file as it is written out and the topology file used
as the input to generate that trajectory, I get a segmentation fault.

If the trajectory is then deshuffled using the deshuffle index file
generated by grompp when the topology file is generated, then the warning
about inconsistency shifts etc appears, which isn't surprising since the
topology file is still shuffled.

I found a couple of previous discussions on the analysis of shuffled
trajectories, but all has been said is that you can deshuffle using the
deshuffle index file generated.  Also, someone did ask if you had to also
generate a deshuffled topology file and it appears that you
don't.  Additionally, you should be able to use a shuffled index file.

I attempted to generate a deshuffled gro file to then use to produced a
deshuffled index file to use, however editconf gives a segmentation fault.

Am I missing something here, or is it not possible for me to analyse this
trajectory?

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Research Fellow
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Victorian College of Pharmacy
Monash University
381 Royal Parade
Parkville VIC 3010