[gmx-users] Arithmetic exception: tabscale=0 (again)

Lianqing Zheng lzheng at me.rochester.edu
Wed Apr 30 20:17:01 CEST 2003

Dear Gromacs pals:

Inspired by the discussion on Ewald summation, I turned on mdrun -debug
and checked out my .log file. Its last sereval lines are:
"
Nodeid   index  homenr  cgload  workload
     0       0    1536    1536      1536

Max number of bonds per atom is 0
Table routines are used for coulomb: TRUE
Table routines are used for vdw:     FALSE
Using a Gaussian width (1/beta) of 0.389284 nm for Ewald
Cut-off's:   NS: 1.21589   Coulomb: 1.21589   BHAM: 1.21589
Determining largest Buckingham b parameter for table
Buckingham b parameters, min: 0, max: 48.7318
Generated table with 500 data points for COUL.
Tabscale = 500 points/nm
Generated table with 500 data points for LJ6.
Tabscale = 500 points/nm
"

The potential I used is a Buckingham plus Coulomb. Do you know why
tabscale became zero in my case? Thanks! The version I use is 3.0.5.

Lianqing