[gmx-users] Langevin dynamics

Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva alan at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Aug 1 14:00:01 CEST 2003

I used LD but not in GMX.  The idea I employed is something like that:

A had a protein complexed with a substrate.  I want solvent, but my
box system created is very big.  So, I take a sphere embracing my whole
protein system with all solvent that can fit in and apply LD to a spheric
section region, lessing a smaller interior sphere under classic MD.
Moreover, the atoms under LD must be position restrained. Then, all
atoms outside the exterior sphere are removed.

I don't know if GMX is able to do it, since it will involve a radical
modification in topologies files.

See reference below for further details:

Stochastic molecular dynamics of peanut lectin PNA complex with T-antigen
disaccharide
 Caffarena ER, Grigera JR, Bisch PM
 JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR GRAPHICS & MODELLING 21 (3): 227-240 DEC 2002

Cheers,

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva