[gmx-users] Clustermatic

Jason DeJoannis jdejoan at emory.edu
Tue Aug 5 21:56:01 CEST 2003

Dear All,

 Does anyone have experience installing Clustermatic?
If so did you encounter any hitches when using Gromacs?
Our 9-node cluster currently uses Scyld Beowulf and
Redhat 7. PME doesn't work in parallel. I have tested
the bproc version of mpich that is installed and it works
fine for the calculation of Pi.

  I would like to install Redhat 8 with Clustermatic 3
to make the system more up-to-date. Redhat 8 has the new
glibc, which is important. Lots of things don't work with
the older glibc - such as the recent edition of LAM which
has bproc support.

 From searching the mailing list it seems to me that there
is very little mention of Beowulf/bproc clusters. Does
that mean that most of you are using clusters with RSH
and independent nodes?

 -Jason

---
Jason de Joannis, Ph.D.