[gmx-users] palmitoyl

Nagy, Peter I. PNAGY at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Wed Aug 13 00:26:01 CEST 2003

Dear Gromacs Users!

   I have a CYS residue with a palmitoyl group on that, replacing the thiol hydrogen. When I downloaded the hydrated membrane bilayer model, GROMACS understood the DPP code of the.pdb file as DPPC. This molecule contains both
regular and phophate-ester groups, but it was an independent unit. What will
GROMACS do with a thiol ester on CYS, and how would the program handle the aliphatic chain?
   I assume that I will have to modify some parameter files and adding MD parameters for the C-S-C(=O)-C-C subunit. Please give me some clues where and how to start.

   Thanks, Peter Nagy