[gmx-users] gromacs under cygwin

Claudio J. Margulis claudio-margulis at uiowa.edu
Sat Aug 16 01:22:00 CEST 2003

I managed to compile gromacs under cygwin on my laptop and everything
looks fine (for example ngmx works great)
however when I tried to grompp something I get core dumps. Any idea of
what went wrong?
Thanks!

This is water from the tutor example

    -maxwarn    int     10  Number of warnings after which input processing
                            stops
-[no]check14   bool     no  Remove 1-4 interactions without Van der Waals

creating statusfile for 1 node...

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.1#
Warning: as of GMX v 2.0 unit of compressibility is truly 1/bar
checking input for internal consistency...
calling /lib/cpp...
processing topology...
Cleaning up temporary file grompp003160
Fatal error: Bonded/nonbonded atom type 'ðúw`8õwÿÿÿÿã9ùwrÝw1' not found!