[gmx-users] adding water

Derrick Guang Yuh Lee k24dgyl at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Tue Aug 19 02:29:01 CEST 2003

dear gmx-users

i tried the previous advice from david, again thank you for responding,
about adding water molecules to a system by checking the gromacs archive
and searching for information relating to my delema, unfortunately i
cannot find this reference, so again, i will ask for some help in either
finding this reference or someone whom can give me the appropriate
commands.

i am working with a system of 40 DPPC lipids, it is set up in a monolayer
and i want to add 3000 water molecules below the layer. if i am correct,
the addition of the 3000 water molecules can be done via genbox command,
unfortunately, i do not know the appropriate command to add the water
molecules or have then underneath my DPPC monolayer. again, if anyone can
help, it would be appreciated.

sincerely

 - derrick

 derrick Lee
 faculty of Science
 Memorial University of Newfoundland
 k24dgyl at mun.ca or derrickglee at hotmail.com

"a teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the
truth that each student must find for himself. a good teacher is merely a
catalyst."
                                                              - bruce lee