[gmx-users] Re : adding water

Andre Farias de Moura andre at qt.dq.ufscar.br
Tue Aug 19 16:44:01 CEST 2003

dear gmx-users,

correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that it is not
necessary to remove any water molecule from the box as
long as you are using periodic boundary conditions. it
does not matter if there seems to be water molecules
above and beneath your monolayer, these molecules
belong together to the same solvent layer. so, derrick,
all you need is to add 3000 water molecules, unless
you are not going to work with periodic boundary conditions,
in which case you will need some scripting.

I hope it helps you.

andre

      André Farias de Moura
  Laboratório de Química Teórica