[gmx-users] histidine charges

Aswin Narain aswin_biogenie at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 10:50:01 CEST 2003

hi all,
I was just wondering how the protonation states of
Histidines are
assigned by gromacs? For some histidines with low
solvent
accessibility (found by means of WHATIF) the
Histidines are
assigned a protonation state of HISB (accessibility is
less than
2.0) but for an accessibility of 24.9014 the histidine
is assigned
a state HISB and for an accessibility of 19.305 the
histidine is
assigned a state HISA then a histidine with
accessibility 4.1372
the state assigned is HISH by gromacs  on what basis
is the
assignments made as I am trying to do some pH based MD
work??

For Jayant James Jayasundar

Aswin

=====