[gmx-users] scalable PBS

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 28 22:50:01 CEST 2003

Hi Justin,

Scalable PBS works great (much better than pbs-2.3.16), although there
are still some memory leaks (although the big ones were fixed).
Freezing nodes isn't a problem (there are patches for vanilla
PBS-2.3.16 to handle that too - look for 'scaling' patches with google).

You probably want to use it with maui-3.2.6; I'm not sure if that's
still a prerelease, but the people at www.supercluster.org will give
you access if you want to test it.

(Haven't tried the internal PBS scheduler with it, but my experience
with earlier versions is that it sucks compared to maui :-)

Cheers,

Erik