[gmx-users] CHARMM and DNA

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Thu Dec 4 09:14:04 CET 2003

Azazel S'irim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone done any work with incorporating CHARMM
> forcefield into GROMACS?  Any quick
> tricks/suggestions/magical powers/help would be
> greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

None that I know of. There are four issues:
1) are we allowed to re-distribute the Charmm forcefield with Gromacs?
2) are the functional forms of Charm ff available in Gromacs?
3) are the Charm ff files easily readable (e.g. by a conversion script)
    and do you have a (good) description of the file formats?
4) it has to be rigorously tested before you may call it something like
    'Charmm in Gromacs'...

It seems likely that many more people would be interested in this!

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |