[gmx-users] Rigid body optimization

Mengjuei Hsieh mjhsieh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 22:07:01 CET 2003

Hi,

I want to confirm that the all-angles constraints in gromacs is almost not
usable. I tried lots of times trying to figure out. The problem might be
related to whether or not the starting structure is built with ideal
geometries. This might not be a bug, but a feature instead. Angle
constraints are very complicated and very hard to iterate to reach under the
tolerance if we use SHAKE/LINCS algorithm.

Perhaps we need constraints according to the starting structure, not ideal
angles/lengths like what CHARMM does.

Any idea?

Best,
--