[gmx-users] Re: help

Bert de Groot bgroot at gwdg.de
Tue Dec 9 08:52:01 CET 2003

amay wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>    I want to install gromax3.1 for SGI/IRIX6.5. However i always meet some problems. I cant finish the installment successfully. Now i ask for your help. If you can help me to solve these problems?
>    Firstly i installed fftw, then Lam 7.0.3, last the gromax3.1. But in the process of installing gromax3.1, the following errors appear:
>
> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved data symbol "lam_mpi_byte" -- 1st referenced by ../gmxlib/.libs/libgmx_mpi.a(network.o).
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are loaded.
> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved data symbol "lam_mpi_comm_world" -- 1st referenced by ../gmxlib/.libs/libgmx_mpi.a(network.o).
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are loaded.
> ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved data symbol "lam_mpi_float" -- 1st referenced by ../gmxlib/.libs/libgmx_mpi.a(network.o).
>         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are loaded.
> ld32: INFO    152: Output file removed because of error.
> mpicc: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 2 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

I guess you might want to try the SGI mpi library instead of LAM, but
I never compiled a parallel version of gromacs under Irix, so I forwarded
your question to the gromacs users mailing list.

--

Bert

ATTENTION: Please note new phone/fax numbers below!

Dr. Bert de Groot

Computational biomolecular dynamics group
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen, Germany

tel: +49-551-2012308, fax: +49-551-2012302

email: bgroot at gwdg.de
http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/abteilungen/073