[gmx-users] Tru64 errors

Pim Schravendijk schraven at mpip-mainz.mpg.de
Tue Dec 16 13:37:01 CET 2003

Just while I happen to have a tru64 alpha standing here anyway (configure
says it's an:  alphaev67-dec-osf4.0f) I tried to make gromacs3.2.0 beta on
it and got probably the same erros as Wei Fu. I didn't install mpi, just
fftw which seems to have worked without errors ("make check" goes ok).

./configure of gromacs gives no errors, things go wrong when performing
make: (only the errors are shown)

tcsh% make > make.dat
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
No suffix list.
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[1], "pnoh" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[2], "calpha" does
not have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
--------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[3], "bb" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[4], "mc" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[5], "mcb" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[6], "mch" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
-------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[7], "mch" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
-----------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[8], "mch" does not
have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
---------------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Info: index.c, line 259: In the initializer for chains[9], "pnodum" does
not have a constant address, but occurs in a context that requires an address
constant.  This is an extension of the language. (addrconstext)
  const char **chains[] = { NULL,pnoh,calpha,bb,mc,mcb,mch,mch,mch,pnodum };
-------------------------------------------------------------------^
cc: Warning: maths.c, line 624: In this statement, underflow occurs in
evaluating the expression "tiny*tiny". (underflow)
            if(hx>0) return tiny*tiny; else return two-tiny;
----------------------------^
>>> This is the GROMACS code generator for MD & MC inner loops
>>> It will generate single precision Fortran 77 code in file innerf.f
>>> Using gromacs invsqrt code
>>> Inlining gromacs invsqrt code
>>> Using normal solvent optimized loops
>>> Prefetching forces in loops: none
>>> Nonthreaded inner loops
>>> Vectorizing invsqrt in loops:none
>>> Generated 51216 lines of code in 156 functions
(innerf.f may take a while to compile)

f90: Info: innerf.f, line 106: Symbol in BLOCK DATA program unit is not in a
COMMON block.   [I]
      integer*4 I
----------------^
cc: Warning: widget.c, line 265: In this statement, the referenced type of the
pointer value "ptr" is const, but the referenced type of the target of this
assignment is not. (notconstqual)
  return XmStringCreate(ptr,XmSTRING_DEFAULT_CHARSET);
------------------------^
     ld:
Unresolved:
snprintf

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.
tcsh%

I hope that this may be of any help.

--
Pim Schravendijk - PhD Student
Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research