[gmx-users] Problem with Atom type

Dastmalchi dastmalchi.s at tbzmed.ac.ir
Thu Dec 18 08:58:01 CET 2003

Hi GMX users,

I am dealing with a system which has a Molybdenum-containing cofactor in it. I have written a "itp" file for this cofactor, and included that in my top file and tried to use it, but I am getting error, saying that it can't find the atom type 'MO' for the grompp command.
Here is the few last line of the message:

Processing topology .

Generated 1125 of the 1326 nonbonded parameter combination

Cleaning up temporarily file grompp001302

Fatal error: atom type 'MO' not found!

I have named the molybdenum atom MO and have added the following line into atommass.dat files:
??? MO 95.9400
I have also added a line into ffgmx.atp file:
MO 95.94000 ; molybdenum
At the end of email I have put the content of the itp file for the cofactor called MOS.

1) Would you please let me know if the itp file is OK? I didn't add any values for bonds, angles and dihedrals. Are those info necessary?

2) Is there any further changes that I need to do? i.e. to add a necessary info into a particular file.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers, Saivoush

[ moleculetype ]
;name nrexcl