[gmx-users] Still Problem with Atom type Molybdenum

Dastmalchi dastmalchi.s at tbzmed.ac.ir
Mon Dec 22 07:45:01 CET 2003

Dear All,

As I mentioned already, I have still problem with Molybdenum atom in my
system. Just for the sake of test I have a 4-atom molecule like MoO2S. I
made a gro file of that and then added water molecules. The following is the
TOP file:
###############################
; This is your topology file
; "This Is A Recording" (Your Answering Machine)
; Include forcefield constants
#include "ffgmx.itp"
#include "mos.itp"
[ system ]
; Name
MOS in water
[ molecules ]
; Compound #mols
MOS      1
SOL               126
###############################

I have added the following to ffgmxbon.itp file.
MO    S    1   0.18200     376650.
MO    OA    1   0.20500     376650.

and have fixed atommass.dat and ffgmx.atp files by adding the following
lines in them:
??? MO 95.9400
MO 95.94000 ; molybdenum

I have done all of these for Gromacs running under UNIX (IRIX) and Windows
operating systems. However I am getting the same error in both systems
saying:
Fatal error: Atomtype 'MO' not found!

I will appreciate it if you help me out with this.

CHeers, Siavoush