[gmx-users] [Fwd: NPAT ensemble]

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 10 18:28:15 CET 2003

David van der Spoel wrote:

> [...]

The compressibility should be about the same as water, i.e. 6.5e-5.
Unless you want the box to be
deformable (i.e. triclinic instead of rectangular) you should set the
off-diagonal elements to zero, i.e.

compressibility = 6e-5 6e-5 6e-5 0 0 0

The reference pressure should be one atm in x,y,z directions, and zero
off-diagonal. Asymptotically,
you should get the same result with anisotropic or semiisotropic
scaling, but they might have slightly
different properties on short timescales.

Cheers,

Erik