[gmx-users] Re: rvdw and rcoulomb seem irrelevent in the pull code

Kun-Lin Yang klyang at che.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 10 20:06:30 CET 2003

Hi Justin:

        I used the constraint mode (runtype= Constraint).  The system I am
studying is a decanol molecule immersed in a box full of water molecules.  I
want to constraint the decanol molecule and calculate the constraint force.
I think the water structure surrouding the decanol would be affected by the
cut-off radius and eventually the constraint force will also be affected.
However, I changed the cutoff from 0.1 to 1.0 nm for both rcoulomb and rvdw
and the constraint force remain the same.  Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thank you!

Kun-Lin, 2/10

=