[gmx-users] compile error - MAC OSX

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 14 21:34:58 CET 2003

Steven Hentel wrote:

> Help!  I'm no UNIX pro and compiling gromacs gives me:
>
> xutils.c:97: `fmax' redeclared as different kind of symbol
> /usr/include/architecture/ppc/math.h:307: previous declaration of `fmax'
> xutils.c:97: warning: `fmax' was declared `extern' and later `static'
>
> I've tried make with the -e flag and that doesn't help.
>
> Steven

Hi Steven,

This seems to be a bug in some system header files; fmax isn't a
reserved word, so we should be able to use it, but instead of banging
your head against it you can just change the 2-3 occurences of fmax in
xutils.c to fmax_gmx or something. This is already fixed in our CVS sources.

Cheers,

Erik