[gmx-users] mpirun problem

Lynne E. Bilston l.bilston at unsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 18 23:16:43 CET 2003

At 07:29 PM 18/02/2003, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:51:57 +0100
>From: Marco <m.dabramo at caspur.it>
>To: gmx-users at gromacs.org
>Subject: [gmx-users] mpirun problem
>
>Hi,
>when i run Gromacs on a Dual Athlon with the command
>mpirun C -lamd mdrun_d -np 2 ......
>the simulation run but the lamd daemon uses about 20% of CPU.
>I think in a shared memory machine is better to use "c2c", instead of
>lam daemon, but if i run my simulation without lamd:
>mpirun C mdrun_d -np 2
>the program immediately produces a core file.
>I've installed the lam stuff from rpm packages.
>Some suggestions about the problem using the c2c mode?

Marco,

I (and many others) have got this running fine on dual athlons without
using the lamd mode. Are you using a different version of lam than the one
that the Gromacs rpms were compiled with? If so, you need to recompile
everything. While doing that, I recommend using the optimisations for lam
that improve short message passing. See list archive for details.

-Lynne

-Lynne

>Cheers,
>Marco

Lynne E. Bilston, PhD
Senior Scientist, Prince of Wales Medical Research Institute, and
Conjoint Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South
Wales
POWMRI, Barker St, Randwick, NSW 2031 Australia
Tel: +61-2-9382-7924	Fax: +61-2-9382-2643
http://www.powmri.edu.au