[gmx-users] molecule order optimization?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 25 09:11:18 CET 2003

Hi Michael,

Future versions will probably have dedicated loops for 4 & 5 particle
waters, but for
3.1.x you can get a slight speed improvement from the general solvent
loops by
ordering your waters so that atoms with LJ+Coulomb come first, then
atoms with
coulomb only and finally atoms with LJ only.

Cheers,

Erik