[gmx-users] xpm2ps questions

Senthil Kandasamy senthilk at engin.umich.edu
Tue Feb 25 18:33:02 CET 2003

I have a peptide with 25 residues and a trajectory of 4ns (4000 frames).
do_dssp creates a 4000x25 matrix for ss.xpm. When I use xpm2ps, out.eps
is really long in the x-direction. I need to rescale the x and y axes.
Are the -bx and -by options for scaling the xpm? When I try the bx or by
options, the output (out.eps) is not readable by gimp or other programs.
I can rewrite the trajectory with fewer frames (say 400) and then use
do_dssp to give a reasonably scaled xpm. But is that the only option?

I also tried rescaling the ss.xpm using gimp and  them do xpm2ps, but
the output, again, is not readable.

Any suggestions?

Senthil