[gmx-users] libpng.so.2 present but not found

Patrick Ladam ladam at smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr
Tue Jan 7 12:16:53 CET 2003

Dear all,

Just installing GMX on a PC running linux MDK 9.0 using rpm
 grace-5.1.10-1.i386.rpm. I first installed fftw-2.1.3-1.i386.rpm
and pdflib-4.0.3-1.i386.rpm.
At that point I should be OK because the remaining libraries used
by GMX are libpng.so.2 and libXm.so.3.
libpng.so.2 is in a trusted directory (/usr/lib) and comes from the
Mandrake install, it should thus be found when installing grace (rpm -i
grace...). This is not the case, I still have the message:

error: failed dependencies:
        libpng.so.2   is needed by grace-5.1.10-1

I added /usr/lib in the PATH and checked ldconfig and all seems OK
to me.

Any idea?

| Patrick LADAM                   |                               |
| Laboratoire CSSB                |     THE BIG BANG THEORY:      |
| UFR SMBH                        |                               |
| 74 rue Marcel Cachin            |   In the begining there was   |
| 93017 Bobigny CEDEX             |        nothing at all.        |
| e-mail:                         |                               |
| ladam at smbh.smbh.univ-paris13.fr |      Then, it exploded...     |
| Tel: 01 48 38 77 26 / 76 85     |                               |
| Fax: 01 48 38 77 77             |                               |