[gmx-users] trajectory file problem

Peter C. Lai sirmoo at cowbert.2y.net
Tue Jan 28 01:56:50 CET 2003

You have filesystem issues. It could either be caused by hardware, or
something buggy with the Linux kernel. It doesn't have anything
to do with gromacs crashing.
You stated that linux is throwing I/O errors at you while
trying to cat or cp the file. That coupled with hdd interrupt
failures listed below suggest that you are actually unable to read
the sector. If an output file just has bad data  (as in having garbage data),
linux should still be happy to cat or cp it even if gromacs is unable to
parse it, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

--
Peter C. Lai
University of Connecticut