[gmx-users] Gromacs MPI installation

geeta at cdfd.org.in geeta at cdfd.org.in
Tue Jul 1 13:26:02 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I am installing gromacs MPI in hpAlpha server with tru64 unix.
I have installed LAM and FFTW.Now when i try to install gromacs
with --enable-mpi option i am getting the following errors.pls
suggest me how to proceed with installation.

 ./configure --enable-mpi --prefix=/vol04/gromacs
checking build system type... alphaev68-dec-osf5.1
checking host system type... alphaev68-dec-osf5.1
checking for a BSD compatible install... config/install-sh -c
checking for awk... awk
checking for cc... cc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of cc... tru64
checking for f77... f77
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether f77 accepts -g... yes
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... no
checking for mpcc... no
checking for hcc... no
checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot compile
and link MPI code with cc

thanks

Geetha Thanu
Center for DNA Finger Printing and Diagnostics (CDFD)
Nacharam, Hyderabad - 500076
I N D I A
Phone:+91-40-7151344 Ext1208

-